As seen in WellBeing's EatWell Magazine 07, July 2016
Recipe created by Lizzy Marsh (read all about Lizzy below)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup peanut butter, warm
2 tablespoon coconut flakes
1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
1 tablespoon Paleo Power Ball Mixture (plus a little for dusting)
pinch Himilayan rock salt
- Line a square container or baking tray with baking paper
- In a bowl, combine the coconut oil, peanut butter, coconut flakes, sweetener and Paleo Mix and combine until smooth
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and bang on the bench to level. Garnish with a sprinkle of salt and Paleo Power Ball Mixture
- Place in the freezer for at least two hours to set
- When hardened, break or slice into pieces to serve
Note: this treat will melt at room temperature, so store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.
We found this delicious treat amazing on it's own but also a great topping for yoghurt, ice-cream or some equally delectable dessert.
All about Lizzy...
Lizzy is a qualified exercise scientist and nutrition coach. She has worked with a range of different types of athletes from triathletes, cyclists, runners, and CrossFitters to recreational gym users to assist them with understanding nutritional requirements for improved performance and body composition results. Lizzy also supports a number of individuals in their journey to optimal health and focuses on optimising lifestyle factors, hormonal balance and nutritional requirements to feel fantastic and live a life you love. Lizzy believes in a whole food and low inflammatory dietary approach, with a focus on gut health, nutrient diversity and traditional food preparation methods. Check out her website at www.lizzyjmarsh.com