Healthy yet hearty, this delectable gluten free, dairy free and downright dreamy chocolate and chia banana bread is the homemade loaf you ABSOLUTELY need in your life. With an easy 10 minute prep time, this homemade delight will leave your kitchen smelling like pure bliss, sure to impress the whole family!
Unlike the usual banana bread recipes, this banana bread incorporates nutritious ingredients such as using natural sugar alternatives, bananas and maple syrup, meaning that we’ve left out the nasties to complement a balanced diet (win-win for everyone!).
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 packet Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash well. Add oil, maple syrup and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix, almond meal, baking powder and bicarb soda and mix until well combined, then stir through chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a greased and lined loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Share your creation with us on Instagram! Tag us @funchfood.
|Serving Size: 85g|
|Quantity Per Serving||Per 100g|
Recipe by Skye Swaney @shiftnutrition