Jingle all the way with this fun and refreshing festive recipe! Fill your heart with Christmas cheer and your tummy with tiny Santas by topping off our Choccy Chia Snack Balls with sweet strawberries and vegan icing! This is a super simple and fun recipe that the little one's can help out with too and makes for a great activity during the holiday season!
Choccy Chia Snack Balls
- 1 packet FUNCH Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Melt the pitted dates, water and coconut oil in 30 seconds blasts in the microwave.
- Mash or blend the wet ingredients into a paste.
- Add the FUNCH Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Using your hands roll approximately 1 tablespoon scoops of mixture into tight balls and refrigerate in an airtight container for 30 minutes.
- 1/2 cup nuttelex (can use butter)
- 3-4 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt (if needed)
- Punnet of strawberries
- Using the paddle attachment of your mixer, mix the nuttelex (or butter) for 1-2 minutes until creamy.
- Add in the icing sugar, one cup at a time.
- As mixture thickens, add in vanilla essence.
- If the mixture is too sweet, add in salt until desired taste.
- Pipe mixture onto the top of the balls until the top of the ball is covered in icing.
- Cut the top of the strawberries off so they are flat.
- Place the strawberries onto the icing, squishing down slightly.
- Put a dot of icing on the point of the strawberry for a pompom!
And there you have it, a Choccy Chia Santa's hat!
- Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix can be substituted with your preferred FUNCH DIY Snack Mix.
- Strawberries could also be substituted with raspberries, but they're less Santa's style.