The lovely and very talented Renae from @the_wholefood_nutritionist has been experimenting with our Vanilla & Coconut Protein Ball Mix to make it her own. She has developed a simple but delicious alternative that essentially swaps the dates with apricots. There is also the option of adding a little honey or rice malt syrup if the apricots taste a little tart for your tastebuds.
- 1 packet Vanilla & Coconut Protein Ball Mix
- 1 cup apricots
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or rice malt syrup, melted (optional)
- Soak apricots in hot (boiled) water for 10-20 minutes then drain and mash with fork or food processor
- Thoroughly mix vanilla & coconut protein ball mix, coconut oil and apricots
- Add your choice of honey or rice malt syrup if you find the taste a little tart
- Gradually add 1-3 tbs water until your mixture is at a consistency that you prefer. The more water you add the softer the balls
- Using hands, roll mixture portion (approx 1 tablespoon) into tight balls
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before consuming
- Once rolled, store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 10 days. Also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months
Share you creation with us on Instagram! Tag us @funchfood.